Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Erik Stokkebye. The Stokkebye name is known to most, if not all pipe smokers as his family has been in the business since 1882. Erik has worked in every aspect of the tobacco business and in every product area including pipes as well. He is a wealth of information and has lots of great stories to tell. In the Pipe Parts segment, Brian will go over the various types of pipe stems.
erik-stokkebye-4th-gen.jpg

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
I had the chance to meet Mr. Stokkebye, who insisted on us calling him Erik, at the Briar and Burley in Bloomington, Indiana last week. My best friend and I spoke with him for a nice chunk of time and I ended up ordering an Old Porter Churchwarden from his 4th Generation line. We even had the chance to sit and smoke together in the B&B's lounge, a real treat on all counts. I kind of nerded out as I had heard of Stokkebye from the Pipes Magazine podcast. I had a lot of questions and he had a lot of answers. What a good trip!

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
I had the chance to meet Mr. Stokkebye, who insisted on us calling him Erik, at the Briar and Burley in Bloomington, Indiana last week. My best friend and I spoke with him for a nice chunk of time and I ended up ordering an Old Porter Churchwarden from his 4th Generation line. We even had the chance to sit and smoke together in the B&B's lounge, a real treat on all counts. I kind of nerded out as I had heard of Stokkebye from the Pipes Magazine podcast. I had a lot of questions and he had a lot of answers. What a good trip!
Amazing...to spend an afternoon with a legend like that...

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
Check out my profile for a pic; you called me out jpmcwjr! But, hahah, I deliver. Anyone know how to get the pic reoriented?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, but from the Imgur site:
Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.
If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
Well, it took me long enough! I was technically challenged for a bit. Can't wait for my churchwarden to come in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.