PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zen Piper

Lurker
Jun 22, 2024
Hello y'all! I recently visited a shop while on vacation in New York, and loved the experience I had there so much I wanted to share.

The name of the store is called Edleez Tobacco, and they are located in Albany, New York.

When first walking in, I noticed immediately the large selection of pipes housed in glass display shelves and an abundance of various basket pipes on the bar top. They had all the familiar brands such as Savinelli, Peterson's, La Rocca, Missouri Meerschaum, and more. I was tempted to purchase a Savinelli Clark's Favorite churchwarden but alas my vacation funds were limited by then :(

Not only did they have all these pipes, but their tobacco offerings were equally abundant. They carry dozens of tinned and pouched tobacco, and had around 20 or so loose jars of bulk blends, it was awesome to see all them on the shelves.

Another offering they had was a mixture of estate accessories such as vintage jars, ashtrays, pipe racks, humidors, and more. They also carried plenty of cork knockers, multitools, etc. which was very nice.

The staff were very friendly and gave me space to look around when I needed. They also mentioned having a lounge in the back room which I sadly couldn't partake in.

I ended up purchasing a Night Rider Washington style corn cob and a basket La Rocca mini churchwarden, and the prices were very reasonable costing less than $60.

All in all, a great store with great selection and worth the drive if you're not too far. I hope to be near Albany again to visit!