PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Is it possible to edit your thread later on if you are a preferred member?

and

How do I become a preferred member?

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
I was thinking mostly for editing sale ads - which would come in handy for multiple items, price reductions, stock updates, etc. But I can see how the way it is locks in the opening price, which can become useful for posterity.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
It would be sweet to be able to modify your own OP at least.

Example: I made a thread yesterday but gave it a dumb title. It was meant as “What is the top pipe currently on your wish list?” But I went with “I want this pipe,” thinking folks would post pipes they wanted too, but I didn’t stop to think (which is not at all unusual for me lol).

Or even in certain sub-forums, like being able to strike through sold items in the OP (ie: not just the title but the contents of the OP).

On the other hand, it could get our of control and could easily be abused, so... Additionally I know fo sho that software mods aren’t cheap.

Anyway, I can see both sides of it.

Concerning “Preferred Member,” I personally think at least one year is fair. That would bump me down because I started in Feb of this year, but I don’t care. There’s something to be said for sticking around. Yeah at the end of the day it’s only a niche forum on the Internet, but still.

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Not that it's any big deal, but I'm curious as to the criteria required for advancement through member status -New Member to Junior to Member etc..
Like I said, no big deal -I'm busy trying new tobaccos. You guys are costing me a lot of money!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not that it's any big deal, but I'm curious as to the criteria required for advancement through member status -New Member to Junior to Member etc..
Like I said, no big deal -I'm busy trying new tobaccos. You guys are costing me a lot of money!!

Number of posts, and some time. Sorry can't remember the actual numbers, but it will happen if you keep posting!

Reactions: Idahojoe

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I believe the 10 minute edit limit is in place so that someone cannot post an insult, have it upset someone, and then before an admin can call him to order, go back and edit out that which is objectionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.