PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Dunhill shape 747 was on my "Holy Grail" list for close to 10 years, I actually struck it off a few years ago, thinking I wouldn't see another. Jesse always says another one will show up, and in this case, it took 10 years. This one, a Root Briar made in 1964 (and sold apparently in 1965) was sold by the new seller from Chicago who has posted some pretty interesting pieces. His pictures were not good, but I requested and received additional pictures. I was surprised when no one else bid.

Root Briar pipes never seem to have spectacular grain, but this one seems better than average.

The full write up is on the Reborn Pipes blog entry below. A very easy restoration, it arrived in very good condition.

Dunhill_747_RB_FIN (1).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (2).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (3).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (4).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (5).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (6).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (7).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (8).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (9).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (10).jpgDunhill_747_RB_FIN (11).jpg

Aug 1, 2012
This is only the 2nd one I've seen in 10 years. Google gives me no other examples. I think I lucked out with the fuzzy pictures the seller posted.
Sort of like I did with that $15 498...only cooler 😛. I'll keep a lookout for one but I won't cry if I don't find it. I'm seriously happy you got it though.

Reactions: ssjones