PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mtn

Lurker
Jul 19, 2021
Has anyone ever seen the Battle of Britain commemorative set in person?

It looks like it was a limited edition, including a few goodies as well as a Spitfire engraved briar pipe and a tamper shaped like a propeller made from supercharger alloy.

A search on the ol’ google machine doesn’t bring up any for sale, only this link where one was sold on smoking pipes.

A fantastic set-

rgds- M

Reactions: Casual

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If someone wanted to make the investment, that is a good Dunhill to own, with the historical references. Anyone know the year this was issued? Maybe the 1980's? The Brits up up a mighty resistance against the German air force. What settled the matter was Hitler's miscalculation to invade Russia, which sacrificed millions in the defense of their homeland. Then England became a bridge too far.

Reactions: Mtn

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They certainly put a lot of marketing into their work. I almost bought one of their Titanic pipes back in 2018 just because of the piece of wood from the Titanic in the tamper.

Reactions: Mtn

Mtn

Lurker
Jul 19, 2021
They certainly put a lot of marketing into their work. I almost bought one of their Titanic pipes back in 2018 just because of the piece of wood from the Titanic in the tamper.
Had not seen the Titanic set. I like their historical link, probably like most pipers who see the hobby as a sort of legacy.

bluecollarpiper on YouTube has some great pipe culture and history spots.

the search continues for one of the 100 BoB sets…perhaps the “few”

Reactions: Chasing Embers