PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
This review is bittersweet for me, being for a discontinued blend, as are all blends by Drew Estate. GLF was my first foray into flake tobacco, so not knowing what to expect, I broke off a piece of what appears to be one long continuous flake folded in on itself, stuffed my Peterson Dublin 221 bent billiard 2/3 full, and gave it a go.

First impressions: very mellow, very mild, great tin note, great room note. Held an ember well all the way down (two relights), and never bit once, not even close. Almost no moisture left at the end, which was surprising for a straight VA. I can't ask for anything more from a blend! Thoroughly enjoyable, both for me and for my wife, who was sitting next to me smoking a cigarillo (she prefers my dessert-y aromatics like Moontrance and Central Park Stroll).

I have heard that this blend is comparable to Orlik's Golden Sliced, so perhaps I will make that transition when this runs out. If any of you out there had the prudence to snag some of this before DE pulled the plug, or are fortuitous enough to stumble upon some of it out in the world, I highly recommend this blend. I'd smoke this all day if the high temperature today wasn't 42.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I really like this one. I put away 10 or so tins when it was discontinued. P&C marked it down to $5 a tin. Come to think of it I should have bought a whole lot more than I actually did.

Reactions: Servant King
Status
Not open for further replies.