Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 125

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I now have two Dr. Grabows. The darker grain on top is a Savoy that I inherited and it's my first pipe. I'm not sure how old it is, but I know it sat on a shelf for at least 25 years. It has a small bowl for short smokes. It has a stinger shaped like a chess piece rook, but I took it out.

The bottom Dr Grabow just arrived today. It's an eBay purchase from Tim West Pipes, who has a lot of great low-cost and clean pipes on his eBay store (twestpipe). This one is a Regal Acorn with the Adjustomatic stem, dated to sometime in the '70s.

Reactions: saintpeter

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My favorite Grabow (other than my dads El Dorado I restored, for sentimental reasons) an unsmoked Westbrook Ajustomatic...

Reactions: Bowie

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
This is my one and only Dr. Grabow. A Golden Duke that just showed up in my mailbox one day. A gift from Mike Thompson...thanks again Mike.

Mike did a great resto on it.

Reactions: upnorth1 and Bowie

Moparguy

Lurker
Dec 6, 2019
Can anyone help me identify this old pipe I got from a relative. Has C Choice engraved in the side. Thanks!11162

Mr.Mike

Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Great to see these grabows! They don't get as much attention as they deserve in my opinion. @Michibacy that's a nice pipe, beautiful grain. Bet it smokes great.

Moparguy

Lurker
Dec 6, 2019
I can't tell you about your pipe, but I am guessing that Choice C refers to the grade of the briar. I think yours will look nice once its all cleaned up. Is that from piece brass?
I believe it’s brass. That’s what’s giving my such a hard time identifying the pipe. I was just curious as to what kind of Dr’ Grabow it was, but I don’t see any in that style with a brass band. They’re all small silver bands or no band at all.

Mr.Mike

Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty sure all grabows were stamped either grabow or linkman. The factory in Sparta also produced Willard's and Wimbledons in the 60s and 70s. That may be some other brand that someone replaced the stem with a grabow.

Moparguy

Lurker
Dec 6, 2019
I'm pretty sure all grabows were stamped either grabow or linkman. The factory in Sparta also produced Willard's and Wimbledons in the 60s and 70s. That may be some other brand that someone replaced the stem with a grabow.
Hm thanks for the help. It has c choice carved into the side with the spade. Anyone know of any brands with that stamp or name? It hasn’t been any help to me yet