PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jayhancock

Lurker
Nov 2, 2021
Arkansas
linktr.ee
Hello everyone! I just picked up a new pipe and I’m trying to get some info. Curious as a general date and location. Some research said this was Italian, but I have no idea. It is a double thumb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
From an old for sale listing. So take it with a grain of salt, but seems legit.

"Double Thumb Co. tobacco pipes were from a pipe shop by that name located for many years in Hot Springs, Arkansas on Central Avenue. The owner was once a Keystone Kopp and appeared in most of the movies. During the late 70's, he moved his shop to one of the bank buildings in Little Rock, AK."

jayhancock

Lurker
Nov 2, 2021
Arkansas
linktr.ee
From an old for sale listing. So take it with a grain of salt, but seems legit.

"Double Thumb Co. tobacco pipes were from a pipe shop by that name located for many years in Hot Springs, Arkansas on Central Avenue. The owner was once a Keystone Kopp and appeared in most of the movies. During the late 70's, he moved his shop to one of the bank buildings in Little Rock, AK."
Thank you!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, my reaction immediately when I saw it. If that isn't a 404, it's a good imitation. It looks like it could have been an unfinished pipe when new, stamped with the shop logo. I have two 404's, an unfinished one that has taken on a deep dark walnut finish with no wax or polish, and a Rossi Palermo in a deep red stain. They both look like siblings of this one.

Sonny

Lurker
Dec 26, 2023
Thanks everyone!
Jay, I met the gentleman many times in Little Rock. He had a pipe and tobacco store on the first floor of the Union Bank Building. I would go in and buy tobacco from him and I also have one of his pipes. I do remember the pictures of the Keystone Kops he had in his store.

• Wow
Reactions: OzPiper