PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Ok before I begin, I have a born and raised Filipina wife, only American by marriage. Yep that’s right, gots me one real Asian Girl. LOL 😝

I went outside to do the laundry, our washer is outside, and there’s this big cardboard box outside, I assumed another one for the wife, to ship goodies back home to the family in the Philippines.

I should call this company up and ask where’s the Door to Door Cargo for all Haoles! LOL rotf

I don’t know, maybe I’ve been living out here to long, but this looked so funny to me, seeing the wording on the box. 😆 Well, Filipinos are the highest population out here.

P.S. Wikipedia on Haole; Haole - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haole

IMG_2068.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
LBC and Johnny Cargo have similar boxes. If you are shipping for Xmas it is best to get the box on the road by September latest. I have often wondered if a Box Pass in the Philippines would somehow involve the use of a recycled Balikbayan Box. Could you image a 500 Lb box of crap aromatics with each participant adding more to it at each stop! rotf

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
LBC and Johnny Cargo have similar boxes. If you are shipping for Xmas it is best to get the box on the road by September latest. I have often wondered if a Box Pass in the Philippines would somehow involve the use of a recycled Balikbayan Box. Could you image a 500 Lb box of crap aromatics with each participant adding more to it at each stop! rotf
@AverageSmoker wouldn't be mad about that.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@AroEnglish : Visualize 500 Lb of Lane 1Q or Klan and then describe the cold sweat that comes over you. @PipeIT : As an after thought you know when you are married to a Filipino girl? When you cannot recognize anything in your fridge and most of your furniture is made of bamboo! You are expected to be able to work out your other half's thought process by how she moves her eyebrows or points with her lips! Pinay women are an absolute joy and delight once you get over the sweet sauce used in the spaghetti and realize that you have probably made the best choice in your life by marrying one.

• Haha
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
@AroEnglish : Visualize 500 Lb of Lane 1Q or Klan and then describe the cold sweat that comes over you. @PipeIT : As an after thought you know when you are married to a Filipino girl? When you cannot recognize anything in your fridge and most of your furniture is made of bamboo! You are expected to be able to work out your other half's thought process by how she moves her eyebrows or points with her lips! Pinay women are an absolute joy and delight once you get over the sweet sauce used in the spaghetti and realize that you have probably made the best choice in your life by marrying one.
My mom would completely agree with this assessment.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Lol! Also, you guys mail balikbayan boxes? Thay must be expensive.

I don’t know if this company considers that box as a balikbayan box, but she also has another one that she said filled up is $200 to ship.

I don’t know, I’ve been on this rock to long, but this large balikbayan box like 70-100 pounds, at $200 seems really cheap to me.

Here’s that balikbayan box next to the other one.

IMG_2078.jpeg

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I don’t know if this company considers that box as a balikbayan box, but she also has another one that she said filled up is $200 to ship.

I don’t know, I’ve been on this rock to long, but this large balikbayan box like 70-100 pounds, at $200 seems really cheap to me.

Here’s that balikbayan box next to the other one.

View attachment 321388
Yeah I guess $200 isn't bad for that heavy of a box. I've never shipped one but only brought them as carry-ons which is probably why the price seems steep to me.

Reactions: PipeIT