PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
But my wife believes good dental health is important. Back when I first came to America, I didn't have health insurance for 15 years or so. First dentist visit after I found my job, the dentist was surprised there wasn't a single cavity. It's been awhile since my last dentist visit. Once again, no issues. Of course, I had good number of cracked teeth, but that's because I like opening my beer bottles with my teeth.

Anyway, long story short, I think I got strep throat from the dentist office. I rarely go anywhere now days, and no one plays with my mouth. So they are "it"!

I'm using ancient Korean remedy of hard drinking to see if it drowns the damned bugs. Jack and Coke please!!!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I count myself lucky. My dentist is 84 years old, travels at least once a year to stay current on dental techniques. My wife nicknamed him "Dr. Relentless." Every six weeks I see him for a cleaning and any prophylaxes work. He's pleasant, his wife runs the office and doubles as his tech when required. I actually consider myself "damned lucky" to have found him twenty years ago.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
But my wife believes good dental health is important. Back when I first came to America, I didn't have health insurance for 15 years or so. First dentist visit after I found my job, the dentist was surprised there wasn't a single cavity. It's been awhile since my last dentist visit. Once again, no issues. Of course, I had good number of cracked teeth, but that's because I like opening my beer bottles with my teeth.

Anyway, long story short, I think I got strep throat from the dentist office. I rarely go anywhere now days, and no one plays with my mouth. So they are "it"!

I'm using ancient Korean remedy of hard drinking to see if it drowns the damned bugs. Jack and Coke please!!!
That's why they make bottle openers. Since you're a Peterson fan, you obviously have some good judgment, but then you say stuff that makes me think you might be a little off plumb. ;)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
To-date I have had only one root canal procedure (thanks be to God), and I dreaded it. My endodontist noticed my discomfiture and asked if I was nervous. "Absolutely!" I responded. He asked why, and I explained that I was afraid it was going to hurt. He promised me that it would not, and was true to his word. He had me numbed to the point that I wouldn't have felt it had a Humvee been dropped on my jaw.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
To-date I have had only one root canal procedure (thanks be to God), and I dreaded it. My endodontist noticed my discomfiture and asked if I was nervous. "Absolutely!" I responded. He asked why, and I explained that I was afraid it was going to hurt. He promised me that it would not, and was true to his word. He had me numbed to the point that I wouldn't have felt it had a Humvee been dropped on my jaw.
Only once for me, hopefully never again - off to the side I could see the blood pressure monitor - it was off the charts and scared me and the doc - wasn't long after my new regular doc had me on a little pill, lol. BP been perfect ever since.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Imagining the conversation made me think of Miss Halverson!

Actually I could talk quite well. Seems her assistant wasn't fond of the sight of blood and one of my broken teeth shot across the room when freed from my gums. The dentist and I took great amusement at the assistant's gagging when that happened.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus