PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
He appeared in several productions at Perth Rep in his early days, which is located across the High Street and a handful of yards from the old site of Rattray's. Those who saw him act spoke glowingly and with considerable pride of his performances. I only ever saw him in the fillums; great actor, if he was in it, it was a go-see.

It's sad that he's passed, but he had a very good innings.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sorry to hear it. He was always one of my favorite actors...a lot of memorable scenes in so many films I enjoyed. The two that pop into my head first are Kelly's Heroes and Space Cowboys...but numerous others as well...including small parts such as in JFK where he still had a big impact with only a short time on screen.

RIP Donald.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
He is often regarded as the finest actor never to have been nominated for an Academy Award. An all-around great versatile actor who shamefully should not have held that distinction. He will certainly be missed. RIP.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
WOW, so sad, the Timbre of his voice, it’s character, I can hear it in my head now. I always loved watching him on the screen…

Why Don’t You Knock It Off With Them Negative Waves!

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
RIP Donald
Sort of related......
In 1988 my brother, sister and I met his son Kiefer on a beach in New Smyrna Beach Florida. This was within a year or so of "The Lost Boys".
I honestly had no idea who he was, my sister informed us he was famous.
He knew nd of hounded my sister over the next week. :)
He seemed WAY to normal to be a movie star.