PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
You know you’re old when you get a mild serotonin rush from washing and drying and folding up a couple loads of laundry, or setting up and programming the coffee machine and making a loaded sandwich for lunch for the next work day.

I found a small jar dated 5/14/2018 with the remainder of a Peterson Perfect Plug. Well, that plug isn’t going to slice and rub itself out on its own …

IMG_6396.jpeg

(I guess the kids are calling this “rewarding your future self” in the blogosphere nowadays.)

puffy

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
You know you’re old when you get a mild serotonin rush from washing and drying and folding up a couple loads of laundry, or setting up and programming the coffee machine and making a loaded sandwich for lunch for the next work day.

I found a small jar dated 5/14/2018 with the remainder of a Peterson Perfect Plug. Well, that plug isn’t going to slice and rub itself out on its own …

View attachment 317330

(I guess the kids are calling this “rewarding your future self” in the blogosphere nowadays.)

puffy
It's scary how much I can relate to this post...............

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Sometimes forgetfulness is a blessing …

IMG_6397.jpeg

I spread it out to dry, but it’s been a heck of a humid evening, so I let it sit …

… for a few hours! I forgot and left it out on the kitchen counter. By the time I rediscovered the fruit of a little elbow grease, it was in perfect smoking condition. Now it’s back in the jar.

i usually cut enough to smoke to order. Now, I can smoke 3PPP on impulse! I should do this with a plug of Pease Triple Play next. It’s summer after all.

Cracklin' Tobaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma

View attachment 317398

I spread it out to dry, but it’s been a heck of a humid evening, so I let it sit …

… for a few hours! I forgot and left it out on the kitchen counter. By the time I rediscovered the fruit of a little elbow grease, it was in perfect smoking condition. Now it’s back in the jar.

i usually cut enough to smoke to order. Now, I can smoke 3PPP on impulse!
Nothing like a lovely tobaccoscape photo.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now

View attachment 317398

i usually cut enough to smoke to order. Now, I can smoke 3PPP on impulse! I should do this with a plug of Pease Triple Play next. It’s summer after all
Nice shot! Once i have the cleaver and cutting board out and the plug down the deed is getting done. I'm making that baby accessible, sliced/chopped/rubbed out, jarred and labeled for whenever the mood strikes. Enjoy the newfound convenience of plug smoking! :)

Speaking of which, i just jarred up my recently purchased plug of Salty Dogs today. Good stuff, btw...

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I mentioned Triple Play earlier. Not wanting to be a tease, I thought I’d follow through.

I loaded up a bowl of that 3PPP. Straight up from the jar, I didn’t even have to let it dry before packing. I this thinly cut, rubbed out form, this bowl of 3PPP was not hard to keep lit at all, and easier to let smolder at a lower temperature, conserving this sampling’s sweetness and mild fruitiness. I think I’ll be doing this more often with 3PPP in the future.

IMG_6399.jpeg

(A Peterson Aran 606 P-lip seemed like the appropriate choice for smoking instrument.)

I was performing another chore, throwing together a modified Bolognese sauce for spaghetti tonight.

IMG_6398.jpeg

Between stirring and a long simmer, I dug out a jar with GL Pease Triple Play plug, dated 7/31/2024. (The dates I mention are not the production dates, they’re the dates I popped the cans to jar. The cans are long gone, so I don’t know when these plugs were made, or remember when I bouught them.)

I squeezed them sideways into the jars back then, so the plug came out a little malformed.

IMG_6400.jpeg

No harm done, though. The Pease plugs are nowhere near as pressed to putty as the Peterson plugs; I could probably peel off the layers. Somehow, this product begged to be cut a little less thinly. Time to slice …

IMG_6401.jpeg

Boy! Did this smell wonderful! Still sweet and grassy as I remembered, as I chopped through it, I also detected just a hint of vinegarness I don’t remember when I first jarred it. I was temped to pop a little on my mouth for chew, but I resisted. I think the Vitamin N would have kicked my ass. Rubbing it out was enough to put a little edge to my eyesight. :ROFLMAO:

And now, the tobaccoscape (I’m going to have to remember that term.):

IMG_6403.jpeg

It’s cooler and not nearly as humid out today, and I‘ve got my windows wide open. It didn’t take nearly as long to get this to a smokable level of dryness, but … I think I need a bigger jar …

image.jpg

Now I’ve got to pick out a pipe. Briar or cob for this?

Oh, yeah, and I have to boil some pasta!

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpeg
    IMG_6403.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Cracklin' Tobaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
I mentioned Triple Play earlier. Not wanting to be a tease, I thought I’d follow through.

I loaded up a bowl of that 3PPP. Straight up from the jar, I didn’t even have to let it dry before packing. I this thinly cut, rubbed out form, this bowl of 3PPP was not hard to keep lit at all, and easier to let smolder at a lower temperature, conserving this sampling’s sweetness and mild fruitiness. I think I’ll be doing this more often with 3PPP in the future.

View attachment 317593

(A Peterson Aran 606 P-lip seemed like the appropriate choice for smoking instrument.)

I was performing another chore, throwing together a modified Bolognese sauce for spaghetti tonight.

View attachment 317597

Between stirring and a long simmer, I dug out a jar with GL Pease Triple Play plug, dated 7/31/2024. (The dates I mention are not the production dates, they’re the dates I popped the cans to jar. The cans are long gone, so I don’t know when these plugs were made, or remember when I bouught them.)

I squeezed them sideways into the jars back then, so the plug came out a little malformed.

View attachment 317598

No harm done, though. The Pease plugs are nowhere near as pressed to putty as the Peterson plugs; I could probably peel off the layers. Somehow, this product begged to be cut a little less thinly. Time to slice …

View attachment 317599

Boy! Did this smell wonderful! Still sweet and grassy as I remembered, as I chopped through it, I also detected just a hint of vinegarness I don’t remember when I first jarred it. I was temped to pop a little on my mouth for chew, but I resisted. I think the Vitamin N would have kicked my ass. Rubbing it out was enough to put a little edge to my eyesight. :ROFLMAO:

And now, the tobaccoscape (I’m going to have to remember that term.):

View attachment 317604

It’s cooler and not nearly as humid out today, and I‘ve got my windows wide open. It didn’t take nearly as long to get this to a smokable level of dryness, but … I think I need a bigger jar …

View attachment 317602

Now I’ve got to pick out a pipe. Briar or cob for this?

Oh, yeah, and I have to boil some pasta!
Does the 3P's have a topping? I've wanted to try it but I tried University Flake and found the topping to be rather off putting.

Reactions: Choatecav