PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Sometimes yes, oft times no.
Most times it's just a glass of cold water or a mug of black chai.

If I'm in the mood, then either a cognac/armagnac, rum or whisky - always straight.
If it's summer, then a long cold drink eg a gin&tonic, amaro&soda or rum&ginger ale.
And if I'm in company, perhaps a glass of wine or three.

If I'm having afternoon tea in-between bowls, it may be a strong brewed coffee or tea or a mug of sweetened milky chai.

It depends entirely on my mood and whatever takes my fancy on the day

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I don't quite know what to make of that.......................Good or Bad???
She was a larger than life character -flamboyant and theatrical.

And generous to a fault, if you’re a friend eg a magnum of Cristal champagne for breakfast when I stayed over after an grape-picking day at her vineyard and kilogram tins of caviar and magnums of champagne for a birthday.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
She was a larger than life character -flamboyant and theatrical.

And generous to a fault, if you’re a friend eg a magnum of Cristal champagne for breakfast when I stayed over after an grape-picking day at her vineyard and kilogram tins of caviar and magnums of champagne for a birthday.
WOW!............ Makes me wish I was Young again.......... I had a few like that back in the day............

Reactions: SRider

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good. It seems that smoking and drinking, on most occasions, is a moment of relaxation, of pleasure, in our moments of rest, of reflection with oneself. Although it does not have to go together. It's like when you cut firewood, you have to wear a plaid shirt, it's better than a suit with a tie, or do it in the nude.jack-nicholson-icegif.gif

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
Red Wine and a Lat Heavy blend is like the Angel's Singin to me..............
I'm from Spain, where superb wines can be really cheap. It's a curse that I don't realy like how it goes with tobacco, although I'm finding that burleys are acceptable. I rarely smoke latakia blends, but reading this has made me curious. I'll try with some Gaslight. Yesterday I had some italian moscato and I think it might be really good with some smoke between sips.

I prefer beer at night (although I'm cutting it to just some nights). The rest of the day, it's coffee, tea and yerba mate for me. I won't get tired of singing the praises of the last one.

Reactions: beefeater33

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
That's usually a drink of some kind within arm's reach of me. So for me, pipe smoking and having something to drink go hand in hand. But then so does driving and walking and reading and, well, everything except sleeping.

Reactions: JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.