Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallaby

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
I call this savinelli aligator my working pipe because it's super lite which works for me when I need both hands. I was wondering if others preferred a certain pipe when working outside or just working in general.
DropBox

Wallaby

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My MM Legend with the Arthur stem is the one I take to work, but If I'm smoking it, I'm probably not getting much work done.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I'm working up the gumption to try breathing life back into a Pete Dublin bent-bulldog and a Chacom lovat that have been very mis-treated (big chips around the top of the bowl on both); if I am successful, they will become the yard pipes; but for now, I fire up a MM Pride; light, cheap, and great smokers.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Quiet Comrade- very utilitariarn design.

QuietComrade.jpg

wanna see how much moisture is in your baccy? buy one of these....all the moisture collects in the chamber below the bowl which is easily wiped out. The pipe has a triple pass design that has the smoke run the full length of the stem and has a spot for a filter if you want to add that too.

Jul 15, 2011
Falcon pipe, two small cobs, and two Dr. Grabow Omega pipes that have military bits in them. A lot of my pipes are considered work pipes. I have always been a believer that good form follows the function, and my work pipes are some of the best smokers that I own. Rugged and reliable yet functional and satisfying! Its a win-win!

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
I use cobs for this very reason, I see them as "the working mans pipe" They smoke great but if droped under the mower or into the lake form the boat or what not, cheap as they are easily replaced, unless you have a forever stem on there then it would kinda suck.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I have a couple of MM cobs for working outside and in shop. I have a basket briar, or a cob, for driving. You just can't fault a cob. :puffy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have two that I use while performing manual labor... e.g. mowing the lawn.
These:

My Ardor D.R. (Dead Root?) Urano

Ardorshort.jpg

My Caminetto Business K.S.

CaminettoBusinessKS.jpg

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
most of my pipes are work pipes so far just my pete stays at home and i am not really that fond of it i might keep my Uncle safe at home when i get that but the odds are it will also go to work with me ohh yeah my classic stinger cob stays at home

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
@lawrence, D.R. is Damiano Rovera, son of one founder and grandson of the other.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Just thought someone should be different here..I've never been able to clench pipes withough dropping them.I figured that out after I replaced a few stems.When I'm outside smoking it's a cigar for me.It doesn't matter if i drop it

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Puffy, maybe they make Croakies for pipes!! If not, we could install two small screws in a meaty part of the bowl and use librarian eyeglass chain! Frankenpipe! but it wont fall!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My working pipe is an Edwards straight billiard basket pipe, lots of fills but smokes great. Had it now for a good 20 years too.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
My work pipe is a Dr. Grabow Omega. It's small and light and easy to clench. It was a badly beat up estate pipe that I essentially got for free, so no worries if harm befalls it. Plus the draw on it is really tight so I can't get tongue bite, even if I'm not paying attention.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.