Did anybody get dinged yet on the new shipping laws?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just wondering if anyone got nailed yet while recieving packages of baccy. I currently have several packages on route and am curious. I did recieve my package from Zanthal today with no problems but am concerned over my larger ones yet to arrive.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I am expecting a package of 12oz from Boswells. Should be here any day now. I'll let you know if I get charged.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I sent some Bagpiper's Dream via US mail to a forum member the other day. The postal clerk asked if it was flamable. I told him it would be in a couple of days.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I told him it would be in a couple of days.
That one made My day, good one. :rofl:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I've had two orders come across the line properly declared as tobacco since the changes; one with UPS, the other with Canada Post. The order that came via Canada Post was declared a gift, and did get dung, however the order that came up with UPS was declared a sample, and did not. The funny thing is the order that got dung was for a single 50g tin - the order that didn't was a large restock of a couple of pounds.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Got my load of tobacco today.
12oz from Boswell and

2x 3.5oz tins of MacB 7 Seas line.
Boswells package was marked hobby supplies. No duty or tax
The 2x 3.5 oz tins from pipesandcigar shipped to Ogdensburg for me to pick up.

Got hit with $11.57 duty and $3.32 in tax per tin.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
UPS can be fickle. Whenever I order from Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Washington (Indian reservation) UPS holds my order for several days at a depot in City of Industry, Colo. before shipping it on to Texas. They are determined not to give you "3-day delivery" unless you PAY for it. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.