PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
Im always crap at making things out of wood so i always look at the posts and pictures and think wow id love to see some finished pictures.Theres a lot of talent on here and creativity.But for me its buying one already made.I would love to see finished photos geko

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I completed the first prototype of my new pipe cabinet design. Let me know what you like and don't like. Its a simple design that will readily allow for customization and can be constructed fro various woods like Oak, Walnut, Pine, Cherry, etc. I already have a couple of orders, but want to get some additional feedback.
Made from pine with amber shellac finish.

Support rack is adjustable for varied length pipes.

Lower portion has sliding doors and is sized to allow the use of 4 oz canning jars, and general round tins.

Can be hung from wall or sit on table.

Size approx 19" High X 15" Wide X 5" Deep
2012-02-25_18-01-30_320-337x600.jpg

2012-02-25_17-59-28_380-600x337.jpg

2012-02-25_17-59-18_45-337x600.jpg

2012-02-25_17-59-37_803-337x600.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Awesome work ! :clap:
Double the width, two rows of 12 pipes on the top. Maybe a little more depth on the top portion so the pipes slant more. That Pete is standing awfully straight and may fall over when bumped. Light oak or maple, natural stain. You got a winner (and possible customer) :rofl:

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@tokerpipes - My goal was simple and functional. I think it met that goal.
@Mick - yes, the Pete is standing up straight. That has been noted. On this design I originally had it so that the upper support piece was a hole so the pipe would not fall forward. I tend to find the open support more visually appealing though, and future designs that use this will be deeper to allow for the pipe to 'lean' further backwards. I have another person interested in a wider version 12 pipes wide. Let me know and we can work up something.

Status
Not open for further replies.