PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Dark Fired Leather can be found on Etsy and Instagram. The owner is Ed Graves and his craftsmanship is as exceptional as his products are popular. He makes all sorts of leather goods but most commonly pipe pouches for single pipes or even sets of pipes.

This is mine I recently commissioned.F15F513A-8BED-4238-BA70-7D623A1A8EFB.jpeg2B79DF8F-B4B6-45E9-A756-CCD0079C248E.jpeg859B6DCD-690C-4790-93ED-F3EDE04B62D8.jpeg
I can fit two pipes in it, tobacco, tool/tamper, pipe cleaners and close it with a latch.

Ed used black Italian leather for the exterior and lined the interior with my cotton family tartan. To complete its aesthetics he chose red stitching to bring the pouch together. After that, it was finished with a latch instead of those long straps you wrap and tie. This pouch will outlive me!

I strongly urge you to check him out if you want something handmade or to even commission custom work.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Well made but looks a little too pocketbook for me. A full pipe in a shirt pocket works here.
Haha yeah I agree. That was my first impression. I’ve been using my shirt pocket for a while and it’s practical. I just wanted something to keep all my pipe tobacco stuff together For when I’m traveling.
It’s not an every day use thing for me. Only travel really. Like the saying goes, “there’s a tool for every task” and I like collecting tools. Haha

If I were to carry one of these, it would be something like that.
Thanks man! Yeah I wanted something to hold it together but didn’t like anybody else’s. Long straps to wrap and tie around the pouch just wasn’t practical enough, and looked so sloppy. I wanted to relate it to a theme of my heritage/ancestry and was originally thinking of getting something with my family crest tooled into it.

Decided to line it with my family’s tartan instead! Way simpler and cleaner looking. It’s perfect to throw in a motorcycle bag or on the dash of your favorite hot rod.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Haha yeah I agree. That was my first impression. I’ve been using my shirt pocket for a while and it’s practical. I just wanted something to keep all my pipe tobacco stuff together For when I’m traveling.
It’s not an every day use thing for me. Only travel really. Like the saying goes, “there’s a tool for every task” and I like collecting tools. Haha

Thanks man! Yeah I wanted something to hold it together but didn’t like anybody else’s. Long straps to wrap and tie around the pouch just wasn’t practical enough, and looked so sloppy. I wanted to relate it to a theme of my heritage/ancestry and was originally thinking of getting something with my family crest tooled into it.

Decided to line it with my family’s tartan instead! Way simpler and cleaner looking. It’s perfect to throw in a motorcycle bag or on the dash of your favorite hot rod.
Does it have a lighter slot?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I typically load my pipe, indoors. Then I go out to my garage to smoke it.

If I am going to a pipe club meeting or pipe show, I have something else to contain everything needed.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Does it have a lighter slot?
Nope. Haha just a zipper compartment with a larger pouch behind it, and another pouch next to it. There’s a small label/tag riveted with his brand stamped on it that I have seen people shove a pipe cleaner in to hold it. Haha

I typically load my pipe, indoors. Then I go out to my garage to smoke it.

If I am going to a pipe club meeting or pipe show, I have something else to contain everything needed.
I typically load up inside at my desk when I’m home. When I walk my two dogs I have a smaller tobacco pouch I throw some extra in for the walk.

I wanted something to keep my pipe stuff together for when I travel or go on a weekend road trip. This can hold a couple tobacco tins, couple pipes, matches, lighters, tampers, tools, and pipe cleaners.

It’s not pocket sized for daily use. I can load up and disappear for a few days with it and not struggle keeping my tobacco stuff organized or my pipes protected. Lord knows I drop a pipe enough when working! Probably why cobs are my favorite. Haha

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

I'm always walking out the door with 3 or 4 loaded pipes hanging out of my mouth, and pockets... on top of the rest of the stuff I have to carry. It's a disaster..

Most of the ones I've seen look like pocketbooks, and while I can hold my own, I'd hate to spend half my day trying not to get my ass kicked. haha

That's a nice looking pipe pouch though, for sure.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I wouldn't keep mine in a shirt pocket: I'm always dropping whatever's in those pockets when I have to stoop for whatever reason. I always use a sock to keep my pipe in even when I'm carrying it in a jacket's pocket or similar.

I like the sock Idea.. It's amazing how much damage a pipe tool can do a pipe, if kept in the same pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.