Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GinaFrazier

Lurker
Apr 23, 2023
Had an unfortunate surprise upon opening my humidor. Mold covered the foot of a god of fire robusto. Spent the next several hours thoroughly inspecting 200 cigars. Lost about ten I thought too suspect to keep, wiped about five with spot mold and quarantined a few boxes to watch.

Several blunders led to this mistake. One was overcrowding the humidor. Next I refilled my silica container and even though I had multiple Boveda packs I found the humidity spiked to almost 80% and hadn’t caught it in time.

I’m putting everything in coolers in hopes to bring humidity back down. The white one is the quarantinador. I plan to inspect them all over the next week, then introduce humidity back into the coolers and check again regularly for mold before restocking the humidor. Obviously I’ll clean the humi thoroughly. Any tips for my strategy modded apk for android getmodnow?

Funny enough smoking this cigar it has a perfect draw and requires no relights. So even though the humidity dropped back to a reasonable level, about 65%, the damage has been done.
Here are some tips to further refine your strategy:

Make sure the coolers you are using are airtight and can maintain a consistent temperature and humidity level. Airtight coolers will prevent outside air and humidity from affecting the cigars inside.

Consider using a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level inside the coolers. This will help you ensure that the humidity stays within the optimal range for cigars (between 60-70%).

When you inspect the cigars, be sure to check for any signs of mold, including white spots or fuzzy growth. You may want to consider using a soft-bristled brush to gently remove any surface mold that you find.

Quarantine any cigars that show signs of mold or that were in close proximity to the moldy cigars. This will help prevent the spread of mold to the rest of your collection.

After inspecting and quarantining your cigars, clean your humidor thoroughly to remove any remaining mold spores. Use a mild bleach solution or a commercial humidor cleaner to sanitize the interior.

Once you have cleaned your humidor, reintroduce humidity slowly and gradually. This will help prevent any sudden changes in humidity that could encourage mold growth.

Consider using a digital hygrometer and a humidification system that can maintain a consistent humidity level in your humidor. This will help prevent future mold outbreaks and ensure that your cigars remain in optimal condition.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

NikoReyes

Lurker
May 1, 2023
Had an unfortunate surprise upon opening my humidor. Mold covered the foot of a god of fire robusto. Spent the next several hours thoroughly inspecting 200 cigars. Lost about ten I thought too suspect to keep, wiped about five with spot mold and quarantined a few boxes to watch.

Several blunders led to this mistake. One was overcrowding the humidor. Next I refilled my silica container and even though I had multiple Boveda packs I found the humidity spiked to almost 80% and hadn’t caught it in time.

I’m putting everything in coolers in hopes to bring humidity back down. The white one is the quarantinador. I plan to inspect them all over the next week, then introduce humidity back into the coolers and check again regularly for mold before restocking the humidor. Obviously I’ll clean the humi thoroughly. Any tips for my strategy here?

Funny enough smoking this cigar it has a perfect draw and requires no relights. So even though the humidity dropped back to a reasonable level, about 65%, the damage has been done.View attachment 204673View attachment 204674
Full gangster vibes. Man you have proper box to keep the stuff loved it.