PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Belphegor

Lurker
Jun 29, 2024
TL:DR I'm looking for paint and stain recommendations - and any tips on the process as I'm sure it has been undertaken. I'm looking to achieve a black stem / rich red tube and a half black / half red bowl.
Background : I have found myself deeply in love with the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde series of pipe by peterson. My beautiful wife I've enjoyed by my side for nearly a decade sent me to the shop I first found one - a 338 - as I hunted for my very first Briar. My wife has worn her hair half red and half black for the majority of our relationship, accompanied with alternating eyebrow colors and attire. The moment I saw that pipe sitting in a glass case I was stricken, and fell in love. I later acquired a 314 which is an absolute work of art - and would buy any deluxe/pub/house pipe they put out in similar finish style I can as I fill my collection, or try to convince some artisan to go along with my madness. However.... My falcon is a phenomenal smoker while being an ungodly abomination on the eye and I feel I absolutely must rectify the poor styling and allow it to sit proudly in my rotation, perhaps even at the top as the smoke quality is truly quite superb.
Thank you for any contributions,
Belphegor