PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
I've learned many great tips on this forum, including this one which deserves to be re-shared:

biotene - Dry Mouth Oral Rinse

It's a specially formulated mouthwash (alcohol free and not overly minty) which miraculously freshens my mouth after smoking "heavy" pipe tobacco blends (or cigars). It works for me and I will continue using it. I don't rinse immediately, or always, but only if, after some hours, I grow weary of the dry, smoky feel in my mouth.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I've learned many great tips on this forum, including this one which deserves to be re-shared:

biotene - Dry Mouth Oral Rinse

It's a specially formulated mouthwash (alcohol free and not overly minty) which miraculously freshens my mouth after smoking "heavy" pipe tobacco blends (or cigars). It works for me and I will continue using it. I don't rinse immediately, or always, but only if, after some hours, I grow weary of the dry, smoky feel in my mouth.
Anyone smoking a pipe that does not belong to this forum is really missing the boat. Lots of great tips. Of course, all of them don't pertain to my needs, but some do and that makes it very worthwhile.

Reactions: Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
Interesting, I'll give this a try. Gargling with salt water is recommended by some for sore throat, so yeah, maybe.
Although, when I get tongue bite, there are no sores per se. Only a burnt-feeling tongue tip.
If smoking caused mouth sores, I would quit smoking!
Sometimes, people get a sore spot in the mouth or on the tongue from whatever cause. I recommend not smoking until such sores heal.