PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
I'm gathering what I feel is a fine collection of pipes. I do have one corn cob and must admit I like it very much. I was wondering what you Chaps think is the best made Corn Cob pipe. Any suggestions?

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The first thing I'd consider is the source of the Cob. These

guys have been in business for over 100 years and are the sole

American source of the Cob. http://www.corncobpipe.com/

Knock offs out of China are to be avoided as they are inferior products

of a uniquely American invention. I prefer the Country Gentleman and the

Diplomat for the thick bowl walls and the hardwood dowel insert in the

bottom of the chamber. No matter what your choice(s) may be, if it's

got the company logo sticker on the bottom of the bowl, then it's a good choice.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Missouri Meerschaum "General" which is the one that I have and I love it...huge bowl I almost can't finish it.
They have an even bigger one, I think its called the McArthur. Another one that I like, and I might purchase next is the darker colored "Gentleman."
My CC smokes great, has an incredible draw, and feels really good in my grasp.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
You can't beat a Missouri Meerschaum cob....I usually prefer the Country Gentleman or the Diplomat. If you chose to go out of your way a bit, you may try to acquire a Jake Hackert cob....they have vulcanite stems and hold up better for clenchers like me.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
http://aristocob.com/ then go to a site called forever stems and get a nice stem for them. i also have a few hackert cobs.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I have three Country Gentleman with two more on the way. They are great pipes for the investment.

A Country Gentleman is only $4.50 at Mars Pipe and Cigar. I read recently though MM increased prices for the new year.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
There used to be the story (was it an urban legend?) that the M-M cobs with a branding iron logo on the bottom were the good ones with the hardwood plug... and the ones with only a sticker on the bottom were not. True?

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I have a couple Country Gentlemans, one Macarthur that can take well over an hour to puff if I take my time. Several smaller minicobs one is a peach pit.

here are some of them:

I'd rather expose my cobs to the elements when working outside than my others.

Cobs are Cheap and hard workers like me. LOL

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
You nailed it, wolfscout. They are steady performers and they don't ask a lot in return - perfect for when conditions to smoke a pipe aren't perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.