Considering adding another Butz to my collection

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I have a few (inexpensive) Butz Choquin pipes I've picked up recently... all awaiting cleanup before I try them. I came across this one for sale today and thought I might like it.

Google has told me this is a BC Chatelaine smooth freehand Dublin sitter. It's suffered from a bit too much handling so the beginning of the 'C' is worn away with the tz of Butz... and no other markings can be found - which I think they should have based on others. They seem to usually go for ~$70-90 and while this needs cleanup, its <1/2 that.

Just curious if anyone share feedback on this guy.

Much Thankx. - J

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
A nice looking one in the EU tends to sell for around 60-70 bucks on ebay. Of course there are a zillion of them in France. Most Ive had smoked well. French pipes tend to have fills but thats just a visual thing.

Reactions: JeremyL
^^^ Thanks. I was just updating this thread as I found out more about it. And see how many BC freehands are floating around. Found a much cleaner version for $40 so maybe I can use that to haggle them down... but I also want to try and focus on more 'unique' pipes as I have ~40 waiting cleanup that fit the bill of 'there are zillions of them'. I'm in Vienna right now so in the land of 'many generic European pipes' around.