PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
The Celtics take Banner 18, pushing past the Lakers for the most championships.
I dropped off the NBA bandwagon a few years ago for various reasons, but since my entire family. is from Boston (except me born down in FL) and having lived there for 18 years myself I'm happy for them!

Clear cut favorites since the first game of the season, they steam rolled the regular season and they steam rolled through the playoffs. A solid team and they are the favorites to repeat next year. Hey fucking Bruins see. how it's done?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
As an LA native living just outside of town, this would have made me go berserk years ago. But I completely lost interest in basketball around 10 years ago (and baseball followed suit as soon as it was ruined by bringing the DH to the National League), so I can't really bring myself to care all that much.

Now hockey, on the other hand...it is way more important to me that the Panthers take care of business as soon as possible and ensure the Canada Cup Curse continues on.

Do they even call traveling or palming the ball anymore?

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I was 9 when Larry Bird became a Celtic and was a rabid fan through his time in Boston. The NBA was phenomenal back then. I watched intermittently since but just find the game boring. Watched all the playoff games this year and happy to see them win.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Lakers piss away their 2nd round pick on "Bronny James" who averaged a might 4.x points a game in his only college season that he didnt even play all of, all so they can sign his flopper father to an extension. As a Celtics fan I approve this pick.

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
Pro basketball is mind-numbingly boring, one guy dribbles around till the clock runs low and then hoists a shot. No passing, no defense, no rebounding, no strategy pure schlock. I'd sooner watch bowling.
That is your opinion. But that’s not how the best teams play. See Denver last year and Boston this year. Plenty of team basketball being played. And the skill that these players have is off the charts. The game is also much more international now. The league has done s great job increasing its popularity worldwide.

Reactions: mpjetset

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
That is your opinion. But that’s not how the best teams play. See Denver last year and Boston this year. Plenty of team basketball being played. And the skill that these players have is off the charts. The game is also much more international now. The league has done s great job increasing its popularity worldwide.
Yup, sure is and I'm entitled to it. Not gonna watch it, rather watch bowling or reruns of Murder She Wrote. rotf
rotfrotfrotf