PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I suppose if a man lives long enough any number of events can befall him. Some good, some lucky and some on the very strange side. I was non-social distancing from my design engineer person/ 3 D Printer operator Odd Ball when his friend Jason wandered into the garage/shed/laboratory, looked at me and said in that Florida way..."Dude look what I picked up from this garage sale with a box of tools!". He then proceeds to hand me what I initially thought was a nut and a bolt. Turns out it's a genuine bonafide 'Nimrod' lighter. It works and after cleaning up the tarnish aluminum it came out quite bright and shiny. The only down side is it makes my tobacco taste of lighter fuel so I guess this item is destined for my curio cabinet. Any ideas how old it might be?
thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
No idea, but cool lighter!

And I love the notebook. I've been carrying moleskines for many years in my pocket. Don't go anywhere without one.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It was made between the late '40s and '60s. No serial numbers were ever used to pinpoint the age more than that.

Reactions: ChippewaAce

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It is a fun lighter and a thoughtful gift. Glad you enjoyed looking at it. I don't see any drama here augiebd either. Now back to my Baccy Flap project to keep me busy during this time of pestilence!

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.