Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest on tonight's show will be Colin Rigsby. Colin is from Dallas, TX and has been making pipes for 7-years. Much of his inspiration in pipe making comes from old English pipes, which you don't often find with artisan pipe makers. It's actually harder to make a standard shape by hand, but Colin is quite good at it. Prior to being a pipe maker he was also a professional bassist, and if you like the band Rush, you will enjoy his piece of music during our musical segment.
Tune in at 8 pm tonight!
Colin Rigsby

pipe-maker-colin-rigsby-360.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Can't wait for the show!
And a fellow Texan to boot!
Although I might have to listen to it tomorrow. Because of today being a "holiday" and all. :wink:
It'd be fun to hear Brian's thoughts on the Steak and **** holiday. But that might be a little too vulgar for his style of show that he does so well.
Best of luck to all.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I will be listening to the podcast here in a few hours with a lit pipe.
You have censors?
**** censors...

rogermugs

Might Stick Around
Mar 10, 2013
you mentioned in this episode an old book about pipes that had been recently republished... can you remind me the tile? or point me to a link? is there show notes somewhere that I'm not bright enough to find? (I looked around...)

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
@ rogermugs
The book is called Pipes and Tobacco - J. W. Cundall and is available at smokingpipes.com
Brian

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Finally got to listen to this episode (I am usually only one day behind)...

Great episode!

I just want to mention because it came back up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Albert King! Damn the naysayers! :wink:

The music is always solid on your show.

I believe the track you played is from an album Called Jammed Together (with Steve Cropper & Pops Staples).

There are in fact two pipe smokers on that album... Albert himself and Donald Duck Dunn who was part of the Legendary Booker T And The MGs the house band for Stax...
Cheers

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.