PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I predict many will make fun of this post, but for others it is important.
My gal is wonderful and she never cares if I smoke and have guy-time. But her only request is that I have nice breath and smell good afterwords. So after much trial and error, here are some tips and tricks I've learned. I'd love to learn any additional secret knowledge.
1. I always wash my hair and face and neck and hands and arms with Neutrogena Rainbath. This is my secret ninja tip. This stuff can be purchased in bulk on Amazon and it cuts smoke smell very well and smells good.

bkRSFA1.jpg

2. Most of the smokers breath hangs around after brushing teeth or gargling, that is do to smoke in your sinuses/nose and back of your throat. If you want to really eliminate the smell, try a saline nasal rinse. It is a great trick.

VIlaget.jpg

3. Then spray smoke odor eliminator on your damp towel and rub it over your clothes and face.

qyScj0r.jpg

8aFEjXP.jpg

4. Proraso pre shave cream is awesome to cut the smoke smell. You can apply then wash off. It is old school, but great.

ma9J3to.jpg

5. A dab of Eucalyptus oil works in a pinch.

wbAFndO.jpg

6. Grapefruit candle or Lampe Burger. Burn in the bathroom and put your shirt in their with it with the door closed for 10 minutes. Hint, if you smoke in your car, Lampe Burger with the windows closed for 20 minutes also works well.

NxObG6w.jpg

ZbhriuW.jpg

7. Aftershave lotion, etc.

evhNxUU.jpg

8. For your breath, there are many different tricks, but remember, salty foods like peanuts will neutralize smoke very well. Sour patch kids also.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Dude. No ball busting here. That was informative and VERY thorough. Thanks. Never thought about the nasal rinse. Had some buddies that were welders that swore by a daily nasal rinse to get the gunk from welding smoke out. This makes total sense.
Thanks!!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Since we're getting into the winter seasons, I'd also recommend anything mint/peppermint. They seem to work very well. Even if they don't necessarily "remove" the smell, it can be difficult to for smoke to overcome that peppermint scent. Peppermint oil works really well. It's a bit tougher to remove the scent when you have very bushy facial accessories, but beard oils can really help. Some of the English tobaccos I smoke really don't have the most pleasant smell when it's picked up on my beard or clothing, but I've been smoking some very good smelling aros as a last smoke that really helps.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Jesus. No wonder smoking is such an expensive habit for some people! I just pop a Breathsavers mint and call it a day.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Careful with nasal.... things.

My Grandfather died of congestive heart failure and addicted to nasal sprays. I am convinced they are connected. 2 cents..
Don

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Don, saline nasal spray is benign. It’s just water. Now Afrin, that’s another story and yes it is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.