PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I have a assortment of pipe cleaners none of which will run threw the steams of my MM corncobs is there one that will or is there a trick.Its not a problem once the pipe cools just pull the steam off but I know you are to wait quite a while after smoking too pull the steam off.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Some folks put a pipe cleaner through the stem into the bowl right after smoking so the cleaner absorbs the moisture. I don't understand why you can't get a cleaner through the stem once it has cooled. Stanard pipe cleaners should do the trick. Good luck.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Igloo probably has it.

My advice... if there is one in there throw it away, never replace it.

I have a straight MM Cob that I have had for over 20 years. It will take a filter.

But, I have never put one in, after taking the original out... before I smoked it.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
If you are having trouble getting a cleaner through a cob stem, buy some of the Falcon cleaners, they are extra thin. I have never had this though. I am not a filter fan either. I have several cobs over 30 years old that are still smoking away.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have a bent MM Cob that I couldn't get a cleaner through the stem. I heated up the bend in the stem, straightened it out, drilled the draft hole a little larger, heated the stem back up and bent it back to its original shape. From that point on, it took cleaners with no problem, even the fuzzy cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.