PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
Ok fellas (and ladies)

As many of you know I work at starbucks. My starbucks store has a patio and I'm well known with my co workers and customers as a pipe smoker. I also have been known to enjoy a cigar every now and then. My store manager has asked me to help create community value in our store, and suggested I start a pipe club. I'm not sure how to make this happen, but when your trying hard for a promotion at work and you store manager asks you to do something you try hard to make it happen.
Are there any guys here that are in the area and would be interested in something like this? We would meet at my store located in Liberty Township, just outside of West Chester.

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Good luck with this venture but I'm not likely to drive from Logan very often. I would be happy to stop in for support if I happen to come down to the area though :puffy:

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
i live in cheviot and now your the only pipe smoker i know around cincinnati.may be hard to find pipe smokers for a club.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Please keep us posted... I live in the Cleveland area but do get down your way on business a couple times a year and would like to visit your club sometime in the future.
You may want to reach out to Earl aka StrongIrish for advice on organizing the club, if he can't help you I'm sure he can recommend someone that can.
I wish you much success!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was born in raised in Cheviot just outside of Cincinnati in Hamilton County. Live in Vegas now, but if you get a pipe club started in Cincy I'd love to meet up next time I'm in town.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
You folks all should meet at the Carrousel Keyers Tobacco Shoppe, at 8001 Reading Rd(near the intersection of Galbraith&Reading). They have as many as 600 estate pipes, ~50 new pipes(mostly Savinelli&Petersons), 12 or more containers of bulk tobacco,tins,cigars,pipe racks, etc. Arnold one of the owner's, is on record as hosting one of the first pipe swaps in America. SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE STORE AND YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO SAMPLE THEIR BULK BLENDS! They've been in business for over 40 years and used to host a Cincinnati pipe club years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.