PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think some kind of ritual at graduation is a good thing. I had some friends in high school and some good activities, but I wasn't drawn to groups much, so graduation is a marginal memory. I did line up a marching partner for the actual cap and gown march; her boyfriend assented since he wasn't graduating, and she needed a partner, and I guess I didn't excite any jealousy. The cigar thing sounds good, with maybe an alternative for the kids who really don't want to smoke, since high school kids are idealists and have distinct ideas. Or their folks do. Inclusivity would be good. My class was huge, 999 in a school of 4000, not exactly Mayberry.

Reactions: danimalia

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
There are several factors to consider: strength, size, cost, and would you be upset if he through it across the parking lot after the first inhale.

Seriously, give him lesson how to smoke a cigar before the event. Actually, if the school is OK with it, the shop owner of a cigar shop should give a lesson about cigars on what to buy and how to smoke it.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
There are several factors to consider: strength, size, cost, and would you be upset if he through it across the parking lot after the first inhale.

Seriously, give him lesson how to smoke a cigar before the event. Actually, if the school is OK with it, the shop owner of a cigar shop should give a lesson about cigars on what to buy and how to smoke it.
Agreed. A crash course prior to the grad would help with cigar selection and cigar smoking etiquette.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
My son's high school has a tradition of smoking a cigar on the day of graduation. I have not smoked sticks in over a decade or 2. Does anyone have advice or can steer me to a good cigar for this one time event? I have put together a pipe kit for him but pipes are not acceptable for this...
Get him a good quality infused cigar. Coffee or cafe con leech flavor infused. Have Negro smells just like German chocolate cake when burning! Flavor is same. These are light and not too strong. Plus, non-regular cigar smokers usually love them. Also, Drew Estate Deadwood series cigars are good.
Congrats to your son!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm guessing there will be a little of the "mines bigger than yours" going on. It's one cigar so price is mostly irrelevant. So I'd get him an Opus X and tell him to puff very slow so he doesn't get sick and throw up. Or if you can find it, a Cuban Cohiba.

Status
Not open for further replies.