PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

otm

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2020
Texas
Am I the only one that chews cigars? I know it seems like a waste of a good cigar, but I do it as does my father. I don’t chew pouch tobacco and have dipped regularly at one, brief interval.

I chew them and clip them down and keep chewing. I go through “a chewer” every couple of days.

Currently chewing and smoking my way through a box of Mi Querida Triqui Tracas.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Nope, but knew a guy that cut them down to about 3" long and keep it in his mouth all day without lighting it.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I worked with a guy who did that, always had brown at the corners of his mouth that radiated about a 1/2" out. I guess my Paternal Grandfather (gone long before I was hatched) would light one and let it go out then chew all the way to the burnt end. I, on the other hand, absolutely abhor a soggy stogie.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I hear about that for the first time and my little town got big with honey cakes and cigars. The elementary school I went to was the old cigar factory where they (including my great grandfather) rolled them and I only ever heard about smoking.
Last month I had some hand rolled cigars that had to be clipped. I tried to be cool and bite the closed end off
like they do in the movies, I almost ruined it.

Reactions: JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Am I the only one that chews cigars? I know it seems like a waste of a good cigar, but I do it as does my father. I don’t chew pouch tobacco and have dipped regularly at one, brief interval.

I chew them and clip them down and keep chewing. I go through “a chewer” every couple of days.

Currently chewing and smoking my way through a box of Mi Querida Triqui Tracas.
one of the football coaches at Penn State does that. I don't know which one cause I don't care about football. But I clean his office and I can say you're not the only one.

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
My best friend's dad used to do this CONSTANTLY. Went on an RV trip with them and I can't tell you how many packs of those cheap swisher sweets he went through. bite a hunk off, chew, spit the whole thing in a cup... repeat all day.

Reactions: otm