PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Hello all! Thought it was time to join as I could use some advice from those far more knowledgeable about new blends for me to try out. Born in Scotland yet raised in what was formerly known as Rhodesia (Mum and Da were missionaries). Flew helicopters with the Royal Navy and later piloting VIP charter flights. Been all over the world. My youngest daughter married a Yank and after my wife passed I now live in Northern Virginia in the USA so I can be with my grandchildren.

Any other rotor heads here?
Welcome from Maryland! I used to live in NOVA too. Leesburg to be exact.

Reactions: ExpatBrit

ExpatBrit

Lurker
Jan 23, 2021
Northern Virginia
Born in Scotland of missionary parents, so perhaps Presbyterian by upbringing? A Scottish accent in Northern Virginia could go a long way for dinner invitations! Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, though I grew up in the Chicago area.

Yes, Free Presbyterian. Afraid it didn’t stick with me. And yes, my Scottish burr does seem to have a positive effect in my interactions with the opposite sex. Now I’ve been to North Carolina and I’ve fallen in love with the pork BBQ there.

Aug 1, 2012
Hello all! Thought it was time to join as I could use some advice from those far more knowledgeable about new blends for me to try out. Born in Scotland yet raised in what was formerly known as Rhodesia (Mum and Da were missionaries). Flew helicopters with the Royal Navy and later piloting VIP charter flights. Been all over the world. My youngest daughter married a Yank and after my wife passed I now live in Northern Virginia in the USA so I can be with my grandchildren.

Any other rotor heads here?
Welcome! Another expat here. Living and working in India but from the US. In my last job in Latvia, I knew a guy who was half English, half Chinese and had spent time serving with a Scottish regiment. He was an interesting guy to work with and had high opinions of his Scottish mates who would occasionally drop by for a visit and when hey did, they partied hard. I didn't even try to keep up.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Another welcome from the middle coast of CA!

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Reactions: crawdad

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I now live in Northern Virginia in the USA so I can be with my grandchildren.
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
. . . If you are ever in DC, you might want to pay Georgetown Tobacco a visit. I'm particularly fond of its Old Georgetown Blend . . . .
Yes! Georgetown Tobacco is still in business and IMO well worth the effort to visit. For my part--I LOVE "Night Owl" by Georgetown Tobacco. Still tastes good and I think it hasn't changed much since the late 1970's when I first puffed it! Mmmm good
-welcome from Texas
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.