PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
6 weeks ago I pitted 2 pounds of black cherries and put them in a large spigot jar with 3 fifths (for you metrics freaks that’s about 2.25 liters) of Buffalo Trace. I sealed the lid with some plastic wrap, covered the whole thing with a towel to keep the light out and put it in my basement. I just tried some, and it is fantastic. Sweet , smooth, and the alcohol is barely noticeable. It could be dangerous. It’s great neat, but I think it would good with ice and soda water. I’ll be making more, but there’s no way I’m pitting that many cherries again one by one. I’ll just use frozen and tell everyone I pitted all those cherries.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Nice job.

Cherry bounce has been around for ages. George Washington made it and I believe his recipe can be found online.

I used to infuse my own alcohol. Cherry bourbon was a favorite along with apricot brandy and butterscotch whiskey.

If you add a simple syrup and let it rest, you'll have a liqueur.

If you infuse with dried fruit, the post-infusion fruit is delicious on ice cream or over pound cake.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I did the same with a 1.75L of Evan Williams. I did it on 4th of July last year and allowed it to sit until Thanksgiving. The bourbon is a beautiful blood red and thick. Also did an750ml of vodka. It has a much brighter cherry flavor and same blood red color. Going to do a few jugs of brandy next Summer.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
You guys are killing me! Those sound fantastic! I can't drink (if you look up alcoholism in the dictionary, you see pictures of my family) but am going to try to make some with some non-alcoholic bourbon.