PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I want to get a couple boxes of cheroots to keep on hand and I'm thinking maybe a box of Kentucky Cheroots and another of Red Lion. I will likely smoke 1 or two a day and both of these brands are available at very reasonable prices. Does anyone have strong opinions about either brand? Are there other brands you would suggest at a similar price point or should I be looking at a more expensive product? I'm open to any suggestions - I'm really just looking for a rugged full flavored smoke that I can store in a jar with out much worry and that hopefully won't brake the bank.

Reactions: JOHN72

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Have you thought about Marsh Wheeling Stogies - basic, cheap, been around since 1840 and favored by General Grant I am led to believe. They come in a rather attractive box and will fit into a jar to keep them fresh with a price point that will not break the bank at a $1.50 a stick.
I looked these up and they are certainly worth considering
Thanks

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Among others,,Cigari di Toscani,(Toscanos)and Cigari Italico* Classico
Hey Paul- Any chance you’ve tried Red Lion or Kentucky cheroots?
Toscanini are an option I have been looking at but, although not terribly expensive, they are probably twice the price of Red Lion or Kentucky’s.

Perhaps I need to remember that sometimes, “you get what you pay for?”

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I smoke the Parodi Kings and Ammezzati cheroots on occasion and they are pretty good.
Parodi Kings and Ammezzati

The Toscano Cigars are a favorite, but these Kentucky Cheroots are pretty good too.
Kentucky cheroots

The Little villiger cigars aren't to bad either.
Villiger

Occasionally these Garcia y Vega cigars hit the spot too.
Garcia y Vega
Thanks for the suggestions and I really appreciate that you took the time to post links. I ‘m also glad to hear you were positive re the Kentucky Cheroots