PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Merton

Lifer
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Recently traded in a number of pipes and had a substantial amount with which to buy some pipes. I bought an Abe Herbaugh sandblasted dublin, a new Dunhill Bruyere Liverpool and, as an afterthought , threw in a Chacom Fleur Sandblasted. The first two clocked in at well over a $1000 total and the Chacom was $142. The chacom arrived in a nice leatherette folding box and, compared to its more pedigreed cousins smokes better, has very good fit and finish and ( the bruyere is, of course smooth) has a fine blast with some ring grain. Brought home, once again, that is often the pipe and not the price that really matters. Good to be reminded. Anyway, I would recommend that anyone looking for a nice (albeit a bit of a throwback) pipe might take a look at the Chacom.

Dr.Jimmy

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
Recently traded in a number of pipes and had a substantial amount with which to buy some pipes. I bought an Abe Herbaugh sandblasted dublin, a new Dunhill Bruyere Liverpool and, as an afterthought , threw in a Chacom Fleur Sandblasted. The first two clocked in at well over a $1000 total and the Chacom was $142. The chacom arrived in a nice leatherette folding box and, compared to its more pedigreed cousins smokes better, has very good fit and finish and ( the bruyere is, of course smooth) has a fine blast with some ring grain. Brought home, once again, that is often the pipe and not the price that really matters. Good to be reminded. Anyway, I would recommend that anyone looking for a nice (albeit a bit of a throwback) pipe might take a look at the Chacom.
For your pipe dollar, Chacom are tough to beat. I've sold them in my shop for decades.
Jeff