PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I recieved an e-mail a few minutes ago from a Lady, who has a Cha-Cha TV Pipe, to sell. Now what in the heck is a Cha-Cha TV Pipe? She said it has a curved stem and comes in the original box. I do not know what she wants for it yet and cannot give her a price as I am completely lost. I asked her to send a couple of pics.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Look at this one mate.

http://www.mainstreetpipeco.com/CHA-CHA-VINTAGE-TV-PIPE-VINTAGE-CHACHA.htm

brebbia20tamper20new20stuff20006.jpg

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you can get it for cheap grab it! You know churchwardens are long so you can read a book with out your pipe getting in the way. Maybe this is the 1950's design for a pipe to stay out of the way of your TV and TV dinner? Any ways it would be cool as a collectable. OR put it up for sale at a profit? Wonder if you could find a buyer for $175? Worth a try if you get it on the cheap!

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
This was a type of pipe semi-popular in the '40's-'50's of the "chinrester" variety, in that the pipe could be clenched in the teeth and the weight of the pipe would rest on the chin, hence the name. I think Kaywoodie actually had a pipe called The "Chinrester," though others made this type as well. A pretty cool piece, actually, from an era when men smoked pipes everyday, everywhere they went, much as people smoke nails today. In its new condition I have to think it would be a somewhat scarce collectible today.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is, in fact still brand new. Still has the sale tags and in original box. Pipe is still unsmoked. I still cannot imagine it to be worth $175.00 as shown in the add. I will find out tomorrow what she wants for it. She also has 2 unsmoked "Mason" pipes. Once again, I know nothing of the Masons. Ahhh decisions, decisions

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I finally found out what Buddy wants for the 3 pipes. $50.00 takes all 3, including the Cha-Cha. I don't know if it is worth it, but it is extremely rare. Heading down now to take a look at them, it is about a 45 minute drive each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.