PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Silly question but gotta ask. Is there an aromatic that smells like ceder? Ceder being my all time favorite smell.. Please don't suggest I pack some ceder chips in my bowl! :crazy:

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Thanks Lawrence, I pretty much figured there wasn't. I googled and searched for awhile, nothing came up.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
You can find cedar aromas in certain red wines, you'll have to enjoy a glass of good Cabernet Sauvignon with some cedar shavings out in the open while you smoke your pipe next time. :)

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
There's too much love for vanilla these days for the aromatic manufacturers to go out on a limb and cater to specific tastes like cedar (not sure how that would be possible) or molasses, like I was craving last week. The weirdest aromatic I've seen online lately was Vauen Black Pepper; that sounds disgusting to me, and the tobacco reviewers weren't very fond either. I can't see that catering to a very wide demographic, for sure! Perique may be peppery but certainly not in that way.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
:laughat: Vauen Black Pepper; that sounds disgusting to me.
almost made me spit out my tea, lol. Your right, they are not going to make aromatics that suit everyone. I just think it would leave the best room note.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Maybe you should pack some ceder chips in your bowl?
(Just kidding, couldn't resist it)
You could make your own, if you can find cedar extract:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6785903_make-aromatic-pipe-tobacco.html

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
I'd say find a freind that smokes cigars, see if they have one that's been in their humidor for a long while. I've noticed the hint of cedar in some of mine, when I would forget to rotate them. I get lost in my bowls at thimes and forget about my cigars!

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Thanks cortezattic, sounds like yummy stuff, might try a bowl in my dare say.. lol. :wink: Be expensive to order, shipping and customs, unfortunately I have not seen McClellands for sale anywhere here.
Ceder extract, would be cool to see if it's possible. Probably better off to leave it alone, I'd mess it up to the point it be like smoking the darn tree.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Having cedar shavings out in the open when you smoke sounds like a good idea though. I've noticed my pipe tastes better if I smoke around the fire.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
My favorite eau de toilette; Givenchy Pour Homme leaves a beautiful cedar note on your clothing.
It will compliment any fine tobacco, I love it. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.