Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Oct 9, 2024
West Tennessee
Let me start by saying that I'm fairly new to pipe smoking (~1yr) and I live in West Tennessee (about an hour North of Memphis).

Today, I did something that felt right in so may ways. I got on my Honda CL500 and rode 348mi round trip to Columbia to check out Briarworks in person for the first time.

1000002388.jpg

Earlier this week, I called the place and spent a lovely 20ish minutes speaking with Brad. He answered my couple of questions, informed me that the shop would be quiet and the wall mostly empty this weekend because of the Vegas show. He also directed me to a shop in Memphis (Smoker's Abbey) where I might find their pipes. I checked that out and found a Cannonball. I fell in love with the shape but couldn't get past the amber stem on the one there.

When I left Smoker's Abbey, I called Brad back and made a humble request for him to tuck one with a coffee stem back for me to grab today...

1000002392.jpg

Though Brad wasn't there, HE DELIVERED!!!

I was so excited to see this tucked back for me and quickly swiped a card for my brand new pipe! The woman there told me I could grab a bowl of any bulk they had sitting out and relax before the drive back so I did.

I was originnaly hoping to try out their "Sweet Tea" blend but they're currently out of it. However, I was taken aback to see this gem sitting on the counter...

1000002398.jpg

It was lovely and a perfect smoke to christen the new pipe with. I actually enjoyed it so much that I went back to the counter before leaving and grabbed 4oz to take home!

Needless to say, from perfect weather and a lovely ride to a new pipe made in my home state with some top-tier tobacco, today has been a perfect day and one to remember in my pipe smoking journey!

1000002396.jpg

Thanks for reading, hope you get an adventure like I did soon!

1000002391.jpg

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Sounds like you had great trip!

I have often thought of making the trek to Columbia - I live in Knoxville - and I just bought a BW pipe last month. Would be a great road trip!

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Let me start by saying that I'm fairly new to pipe smoking (~1yr) and I live in West Tennessee (about an hour North of Memphis).

Today, I did something that felt right in so may ways. I got on my Honda CL500 and rode 348mi round trip to Columbia to check out Briarworks in person for the first time.

View attachment 341701

Earlier this week, I called the place and spent a lovely 20ish minutes speaking with Brad. He answered my couple of questions, informed me that the shop would be quiet and the wall mostly empty this weekend because of the Vegas show. He also directed me to a shop in Memphis (Smoker's Abbey) where I might find their pipes. I checked that out and found a Cannonball. I fell in love with the shape but couldn't get past the amber stem on the one there.

When I left Smoker's Abbey, I called Brad back and made a humble request for him to tuck one with a coffee stem back for me to grab today...

View attachment 341704

Though Brad wasn't there, HE DELIVERED!!!

I was so excited to see this tucked back for me and quickly swiped a card for my brand new pipe! The woman there told me I could grab a bowl of any bulk they had sitting out and relax before the drive back so I did.

I was originnaly hoping to try out their "Sweet Tea" blend but they're currently out of it. However, I was taken aback to see this gem sitting on the counter...

View attachment 341707

It was lovely and a perfect smoke to christen the new pipe with. I actually enjoyed it so much that I went back to the counter before leaving and grabbed 4oz to take home!

Needless to say, from perfect weather and a lovely ride to a new pipe made in my home state with some top-tier tobacco, today has been a perfect day and one to remember in my pipe smoking journey!

View attachment 341708

Thanks for reading, hope you get an adventure like I did soon!

View attachment 341709
Nice pipe and great story. However, being associated with the cannonball, what hypothetically would have been your top speed if you hadn't been the law abiding individual that you are? 😁

Reactions: infectedpsyche