PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Got a bit carried away over the last few days and now have an unscheduled and unintended maintenance session ahead of me.

in the process, I found two lighters that were hiding in the back of the drawer.

I haven’t done any research into them, but thought I would chuck a quick pic up here and get your guys’ opinion on whether they are worth fixing up or just using for decoration?

I normally use a bic but have gotten a bit tired of the disposable aspect.

Chur

1341D1C3-058D-4B62-84CC-7B018392B4D5.jpeg

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Got a bit carried away over the last few days and now have an unscheduled and unintended maintenance session ahead of me.

in the process, I found two lighters that were hiding in the back of the drawer.

I haven’t done any research into them, but thought I would chuck a quick pic up here and get your guys’ opinion on whether they are worth fixing up or just using for decoration?

I normally use a bic but have gotten a bit tired of the disposable aspect.

Chur

View attachment 28027
Neat looking lighters. Not really something id invest my time in fixing, but only because I use my kiribi kabuto exclusively, and love it.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Cheers. I’ll look into a kiribi. My zippo needs a new flint anyways so when I grab one I’ll see if it fits these other two. I’ve given them a quick go over and I think that is all that is missing

Reactions: BROBS

rdpowell

Might Stick Around
Oct 25, 2017
East Texas
rdpipes.briar.club
The Butane one, (on the left) is the only lighter there you'd be able to use for a pipe.
The other has way to low of a flame to even try without scorching the rim of your bowl.
I wouldn't go hog wild with the Butane, if you think it'll work with a flint and a little gas
I'd go ahead and try'er out but, if it doesn't work well or at all, just stick with your Bic's.
There a lot less headache in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.