PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TampaPete

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
In software development, an MVP is a "minimum viable product", similar to a proof-of-concept for an idea - just enough features to get the idea across. Since I don't think I have enough of a developed palate, I though I would try to create an MVR, a "minimum viable review", possibly one that would fit in a tweet (is it still called a tweet?). Here goes...

Mac Baren Burley: London Blend (2024 Release)
Reviewed In: Bennie Joe Ballerina (narrow, tall bowl)

Smells like powdered chocolate Nesquick with a little pipe tobacco background. Packs and lights easily after a couple minutes of fluffing on the tray. Smokes well, couple early relights, then settles into a nice rhythm. Not much of what I would expect from a burley. Fleeting nuttiness, mostly sweetness and chocolate. Needs more burley and less London.
Rating: ehh
(possible ratings, bad to good: bleh, meh, ehh, yeah)

Thank you for your patience.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
In software development, an MVP is a "minimum viable product", similar to a proof-of-concept for an idea - just enough features to get the idea across. Since I don't think I have enough of a developed palate, I though I would try to create an MVR, a "minimum viable review", possibly one that would fit in a tweet (is it still called a tweet?). Here goes...

Mac Baren Burley: London Blend (2024 Release)
Reviewed In: Bennie Joe Ballerina (narrow, tall bowl)

Smells like powdered chocolate Nesquick with a little pipe tobacco background. Packs and lights easily after a couple minutes of fluffing on the tray. Smokes well, couple early relights, then settles into a nice rhythm. Not much of what I would expect from a burley. Fleeting nuttiness, mostly sweetness and chocolate. Needs more burley and less London.
Rating: ehh
(possible ratings, bad to good: bleh, meh, ehh, yeah)

Thank you for your patience.
I think "tweet" is still a thing. The past tense is "twat", although not a lot of people know that.

Briarcutter

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
To me, its not the way they use to make it. i still have some of the original before they messed around with it and turned it into the chocolate bomb. I like the original, not the new release though. The new release reminds me of a highly sauced chocolate aromatic.

TampaPete

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
I have 2 tins of it, might have to find something to mix it with or do some trades.

The jar I have it in has been on my desk all day, and I’ve opened it a few times for a sniff, and each time I’ve become more convinced that it actually topped with Nesquick.

hqdefault.jpg

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
I've got a tin open now and have maybe smoked three bowls. So far I agree that it isn't anything terribly exciting. Nothing bad about it, off flavors or anything, but the flavors I like the best put me in mind of a codger burley. When I'm in the mood for that I will stick with a codger burley in the future.

Reactions: BingBong