PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Bought a can of it, because it was a promotion. Chose the Alamo blend, because I am a Texan, and for no other reason.
I really have given up smoking aromatics for the most part, smoking 99% English and Balkans. In fact, I have gone several months on that diet alone, lately, and the closest thing to an aro is the Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard I hit on from time to time.
However, I must say that the Alamo blend is very nice. I have actually been indulging in it quite often the last couple weeks. Very mild, yet very tasty, and I get lots of compliments on room note. I don't describe tobacco very well, or at least in any way that makes it seem appealing, but I will say maybe some caramel and some vanilla and some other stuff, but none of it that overwhelming or dominating. I am pretty sure it is mostly Cavendish, so that means it has a lot of "stuff" in it, but I dig it anyway.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I have all 4 of them in my online basket waiting to buy. This post has moved Alamo to the top of the list. Now to just round it out to that $100 for free shipping.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I hope you enjoy it, because I will feel bad if it sucks now!
It compares, in my opinion, to 1Q, if all the tastes in the 1Q were bumped up a notch. Or maybe if some 1Q was mixed with some 7 Seas or something. And, that isn't the taste I am trying to describe, only that it seems to have a nice median strength of taste, without being weird tasting.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I liked it for the first couple of bowls. Now, I don't know, but every puff just tastes nasty to me now. :crazy:

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I really dig Alamo, but I haven't had it since I started smoking Bull Run. I highly recommend either of 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.