PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
They built a Krispy Kreame nearby, which was the talk of of the town. Lines were wrapped around the building. I ate way more than I’d like to admit… then poof, I just got tired of them… and evidently others did to because it closed a few years later ?

Edit: Funny, I noticed that Dunkin’ Donuts dropped the word donuts. I guess Dunkin alone sounds healthier ?
I think it's a regional thing. KK is a food group around here.

Reactions: JOHN72 and STP

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I think it's a regional thing. KK is a food group around here.
You might be right… seems more popular in the south, where I first discovered them. Maybe not as popular in the north… or perhaps they tried to expand too fast and had to closed some stores. KKs are still available in a few nearby grocery stores, but they are nowhere near as good compared to when they were hot off the belt. I miss their location, and you never want to see a business close, plus I had good memories w/my kid, who liked to watch them being made… and sprinkles were always a must… plus they had good coffee.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
You might be right… seems more popular in the south, where I first discovered them. Maybe not as popular in the north… or perhaps they tried to expand too fast and had to closed some stores. KKs are still available in a few nearby grocery stores, but they are nowhere near as good compared to when they were hot off the belt. I miss their location, and you never want to see a business close, plus I had good memories w/my kid, who liked to watch them being made… and sprinkles were always a must… plus they had good coffee.
I think you're right. They exploded when they went public.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
God, I love the humor here? Once in a blue moon I will eat one, but then I make sure that I do enough physical activity to burn that shit off. I'm also 50 and I find that my waistline can fluctuate quickly.

Reactions: Laurent