PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Brazilian pipe maker Luiz Lavos. Luiz started making pipes while living in Portugal, and recently he has moved back to Sal Paulo. Luis's career as a graphic designer and experience as a luthier and woodworker comes through in his pipe designs. He is a big fan of Danish pipe makers like Hans "Former" Nielsen, Tom Eltang and Jess Chonowitsch, and it shows is his clean designs. In Pipe Parts, Brian will give us his final results on microwaving tobacco.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Luiz-Lavos.jpg

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Rats, I can't listen at the moment but will catch it later this evening! What a gem he is.

This pipe is fantastic and the attention to detail amazing, so glad I reached out to him earlier this year!

View attachment 174472
Beautiful pipe! Just listened to the interview with Luiz; very interesting to hear about current growth of pipe smoking and tobacco blending in Brazil.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
I can’t express strongly enough how nice the pipe is you made for me and how easy the experience was!!!!
Ever since I saw photo of your pipe and listened to the radio interview I've been wanting one of Luiz's pipes. Contacted smokingpipes.com yesterday about buying a rusticated apple with horn that was listed on their site, but it had sold only just shortly before I decided to pull the trigger. My luck (and loss). But am now in direct email correspondence with Luiz so things turned out best in the long run, I think... ;)

Ever since I saw photo of your pipe and listened to the radio interview I've been wanting one of Luiz's pipes. Contacted smokingpipes.com yesterday about buying a rusticated apple with horn that was listed on their site, but it had sold only just shortly before I decided to pull the trigger. My luck (and loss). But am now in direct email correspondence with Luiz so things turned out best in the long run, I think... ;)
We will fix that, Mark! Thanks again for reaching out.

Reactions: MCJ

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
full_day_set.jpg

UPDATE: Well, after the fire lit under me by listening to Luiz's interview, then seeing HawkeyeLinus' beautiful pipe, and finally missing out on one of Luiz's nice rusticated apples at smokingpipes.com, I went "all in" and commissioned a complete set from him (my first ever commission order from any pipe maker). It's all day matched set of 3 pipes -- one morning pipe, one afternoon pipe and one evening pipe -- made by Luiz to my specs. The pipes are a prince, an apple, and a poker all in matching rusticated finish with horn accents. Just unwrapped them about an hour ago and all I can say is GORGEOUS. Thank you, Luiz!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
View attachment 186892

UPDATE: Well, after the fire lit under me by listening to Luiz's interview, then seeing HawkeyeLinus' beautiful pipe, and finally missing out on one of Luiz's nice rusticated apples at smokingpipes.com, I went "all in" and commissioned a complete set from him (my first ever commission order from any pipe maker). It's all day matched set of 3 pipes -- one morning pipe, one afternoon pipe and one evening pipe -- made by Luiz to my specs. The pipes are a prince, an apple, and a poker all in matching rusticated finish with horn accents. Just unwrapped them about an hour ago and all I can say is GORGEOUS. Thank you, Luiz!
Wow!