PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I am looking at a meer with a brass spigot. I've never seen one using brass before so I am approaching with caution. The maker is very reputable and I am sure it is fine but I am still not totally ready to hit buy.
Does anyone have any experience with brass spigots on pipes or more specifically, meerschaum pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am looking at a meer with a brass spigot. I've never seen one using brass before so I am approaching with caution. The maker is very reputable and I am sure it is fine but I am still not totally ready to hit buy.
Does anyone have any experience with brass spigots on pipes or more specifically, meerschaum pipes?
the big draw back is it looks like brass. Otherwise totally groovy.

Reactions: seanv

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Are you certain that it is a spigot and not just decorative like this?

B87A4576__89791.jpg

Last edited:

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I'm probably not going to pull the trigger, so here is a link.

To be clear, I do not intend to question the maker or bash their product. I am simply curious about the use of brass as a spigot

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

To be clear, I do not intend to question the maker or bash their product. I am simply curious about the use of brass as a spigot

Looks pretty neat. Thanks for the pics! In the future if you are looking to buy a pipe but don't want to share the link in case someone snatches it from under you you can always save the photo and upload it here.

I'm going to page @RustiePyles CPG and @cosmicfolklore as they've got experience with metals.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast

Very nice! I had a store credit with him so i bought it! Thanks for the heads up!

Just kidding, nice pipe, you can tell all your poor friends it's gold, they'll never know mwuahahaha

• Haha
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

Brass has been used for years as spigots on pipes. There’s nothing inherently wrong with it. Soldiers in the field used shell casings to repair pipes during the First World War.

• Love
Reactions: UB 40 and seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Looks pretty neat. Thanks for the pics! In the future if you are looking to buy a pipe but don't want to share the link in case someone snatches it from under you you can always save the photo and upload it here.

I'm going to page @RustiePyles CPG and @cosmicfolklore as they've got experience with metals.
For whatever reason I can't access the Altinay site on my home internet or data on my phone while at home. Anywhere else, there is no issue.

Reactions: AroEnglish