PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hudsona14

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
Palestine TX
Hello all. I am just beginning my journey into this world of smoking.. when I say beginning I mean it's been 1 wewk since my first pipe smoke. Since I just have started I don't have a single one brand of tobacco that is my go to. Not sure about the pipe I have but will attach a picture to show everyone. I asked the person at the store what pipe would be good for a beginner, and bought this one. I have since ordered 4 MM pipes and await their arrival. I look forward to conversing with everyone and gaining knowledge.

Attachments

• 20221024_161314.jpg
    20221024_161314.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 26

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Welcome from Oregon! You can read alot about tobaccos here:
Check if there's a pipe club in your area or maybe start your own!
PS Nice pipe, I like the shape.

Hudsona14

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
Palestine TX
Welcome from Oregon! You can read alot about tobaccos here:
Check if there's a pipe club in your area or maybe start your own!
PS Nice pipe, I like the shape.
Thank you very much. I will check and see if there is one here.

Hudsona14

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
Palestine TX
Well with no other pipe smoked honestly could not tell you. With that being said, it smokes well. I have been reading a lot and have taken time to start packing lightly with my tamper. It does get somewhat hot I think. Not too hot to not handle but hot enough for me to let it go out and cool then a re-light. I have no experience with pipe smoking to know if I am doing it wrong or not figured as long as it smokes and does not fall into pieces I am ok. Haha

Reactions: chopper and tklee

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from Central CA coast!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.