PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
This isn't always in stock at smokingpipes.com but it is right now. I recently sent them some estates so I'm expecting to make a purchase rather soon. I'm thinking of tacking this plug onto the order.

I've tried such a wide variety of tobacco in recent months that I'm having difficulty drudging up new (to me) and unique flavor profiles. For this reason, I'm intrigued by Bosun. Not the cut plug, but the real thing.

At first, the thought of an aromatic plug was baffling to me. Still, this shit's carrying a near-perfect rating on smokingpipes.com and a 3.5/4 on TR. Those are some insane figures, but that also means I'm apt to amp up my expectations, put it on a pedestal, and risk major disappointment.

So, I'm asking you fellas. If you've tried it, what do you think?

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I've only had the cut plug, but it's kinda the Lakeland's Lakeland, you know? So it's likely only fans of those flavors would be pursuing and reviewing it, as I imagine it would be a very pure example of the form. Which might explain the high scores.

If you've had Lakelands before and enjoyed them, I may go for it. Particularly if you're using store credit.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I got a couple ounces of it.. 6-7 years ago.
From what I remember, I finished it but never bought more.

If you like Lakelands, you'll probably love it.

If you're neutral on Lakelands it could go either way.. but you'll probably like it well enough to finish.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This isn't always in stock at smokingpipes.com but it is right now. I recently sent them some estates so I'm expecting to make a purchase rather soon. I'm thinking of tacking this plug onto the order.

I've tried such a wide variety of tobacco in recent months that I'm having difficulty drudging up new (to me) and unique flavor profiles. For this reason, I'm intrigued by Bosun. Not the cut plug, but the real thing.

At first, the thought of an aromatic plug was baffling to me. Still, this shit's carrying a near-perfect rating on smokingpipes.com and a 3.5/4 on TR. Those are some insane figures, but that also means I'm apt to amp up my expectations, put it on a pedestal, and risk major disappointment.

So, I'm asking you fellas. If you've tried it, what do you think?
You’re under thinking it.

B.Lew

Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
I’m a loyal fan of Lakeland blends. Bosun Plug is a great addition to the styles offerings. It has its time and place in my selection. Will it woo you? Likely not. But your dragon sounds different than mine. Definitely give it a go either way.

Reactions: jbfrady

jbfrady

Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Though I understand it's significance in a larger sense, would anybody like to give a Lakeland sauce(s) rundown? I find that I can often get better context off here than anyplace else.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Though I understand it's significance in a larger sense, would anybody like to give a Lakeland sauce(s) rundown? I find that I can often get better context off here than anyplace else.