Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Which one Altadis, or Dan Tobacco?
is there any better then the blue note
I might say yes; with a proviso or two, that I prefer Cavendish, Virginia, and Perique blends/pressed flakes. e.g. Luxury Bulls Eye Flake PS #403 by Peter Stokkebye. And some that contain Orientals/Turkish, and of course Latakia.
I like Vanilla, Maple, Cherry blends Cavendish blends, and I shun all citrus blends. They ghost pipes and leave (IMO) a bad taste in the pipe that is damn near impossible to remove.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Not the best ever for an aromatic, I have to put MacBaron's Vanilla Cream in that spot but it pretty darn good and let it get a year on it and it really blooms.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I considered getting the Dan Blue Note after reading a lot of positives about it but backed down after all the descriptions of "exotic fruits" and the like - to me that conjures up passion fruit, mango even though nobody mentioned it directly. Turned me off completely. I opted for Da Vinci instead in the hope that they can pull off a red wine casing better. Hoping it will be a decent blend - if not, maybe Blue Note and I will cross paths sometime.
pstlpkr, I love everything citrus but I can see how it could go horribly wrong in a pipe tobacco. Craving a rough Whiskey Sour in a tall glass this minute with nothing but Jack, lemon juice, and just enough sugar to take out the sting. :D Talk about a tongue wrecker!
I have high hopes for Vanilla Cream when I finally get around to ordering it. I'll take your word for it, Strongirish!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
castro,
Blue Note is excellent and it may very well be the best to your tastes. Lately for me, I've been prefering 1Q and Trout Brook by Park Lane. I grew up smoking 1Q and left it for a long time but its great to know its a wonderful blend to return too.
sparroa,
You should have tried Cameinetto Lombardo when it was available. Its the only orange/citrus blend I've ever tried that really worked (so much so that I stashed away nearly a dozen cans when I found out they were going off the market). Its a shame they took it off the market but if you ever find it in a pipe shop or show, give it a shot. As for Blue Note, the exotic fruits are very minor and the vanilla holds the most attention and is worth a try.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I like Blue Note myself. I prefer the Altadis variant over the Dans though. Its definately one of my regular smokes.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
I like Dan's Blue note....but have found Boswell's berry cobbler to be very similar in taste to me.....and I think the Boswell's smokes a tad better.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Haunted,
That Lombardo blend sounds very appealing - I will keep my eyes open in faint hopes of finding it somewhere. I'd be willing to gamble on a tin, for sure. With regards to Blue Note, vanilla is a favourite of mine so maybe the background fruity elements could redeem themselves as complexity. It seems like there will be no shortage of tobaccos on my wishlist!

Status
Not open for further replies.