PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I looked and haven't seen this for a thread, the idea is what two blends really follow each other well,

For example while i love to smoke a Cuban cigar and then put. it down and smoke. a pipe for a few minutes and rinse and repeat they really play off each other well, the pipe tobacco really comes alive for me. Yes screaming when it's lit on fire .. smartasses.

But. what pipe blends do the same for you, for me Union Square followed up by CRF w/P they have a different sweetness and which comes to the front and the Perique is much more pronounced after the Union Square. So what two blends have you noticed this in and i thought it would be cool to share and let other people try those two if they have them available and see if they get the same taste explosion, minus the Skittles.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Lately I've been doing a straight VA in the morning followed up by Amphora Burley followed up by any Latakia or DFK blend in the evening and that's been working nice for me. If I were to do back to back smokes thats how I would do it as well but I like to space them out throughout the day if I can. Mostly after breakfast/lunch/dinner or anytime I eat really. The Amphora Burley into a Lat or DFK blend is nice because the Amphora has some DFK in it so it sets you up for more smokiness after.

Sometimes Ill do a Burley/Cavendish blend (nat sherman 309 or a burley/black cav home mix) in the morning followed by a VaPer and will end with an Aromatic instead of Latakia or DFK. Going from a creamy, nutty burley/cav blend into a fruity/sweet/spicy VaPer and ending with something like Molto Dolce, Rum Cake or Bobs Chocolate Flake is a good smoking day In my opinion.

For me its more about not blasting my palette too early in the day with DFK or Latakia or even some Aromatics(lakelands) as long as I do that I feel I get the most out of each successive smoke.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJL67