Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Sipping on some coffee this morning, I got to thinking, and I'm sure there is a decent "pairing" thread or two around, but I was specifically curious as to what tobaccos pair best with coffee. Typically, I'll go with GLP Chelsea Morning, but I'm curious as to which tobaccos everyone else reaches for. For me, I typically drink it black and sometimes with a light pour of sweetened creamer, so I'm also wondering if there are tobaccos that are better for black coffee and others that are for sweetened. Of course it's all to one's tastes and YMMV and all.

So, which tobaccos are your go-to in the morning with a piping hot cup of Joe? If they happen to be obvious ones like aromatics, EMP and Chelsea Morning, then what's your next go-to?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I very rarely get to enjoy anything early in the morning with coffee. When I have, something easy to start the day like Yorktown, but I kind of like darker Va as well with coffee. Aros I can't remember other than they've been hit or miss with flavor of tobacco/coffee interacting. I know KBV Van Gogh was one of the good ones.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I smoke VaPer flakes the great majority of the time and they never fail to go well with coffee. Of course, I only have one cup per day and that's with cream and sugar so I'm sure some of you elitists would say I'm not really drinking coffee.
Na...much like pipes and tobacco, you drink your coffee as you like it. There is no wrong way, lol.

Reactions: UB 40 and kcghost