PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Best smoking pipe: A toss up, really, between my recently purchased Peterson Plato, a 30 year old Nording Freehand, and a 30 plus year old Edwards basket billiard. I have owned over a hundred pipes over the years, and still have 60 or so, so it's difficult to decide. The worst I still have is a Butz Choquin D'Accord, in a sort of calabash shape. It smokes so hot I only smoke it during the winter when the temp is below 40 degrees. Some of my pipes are particular too: my Pete Emerald 264 and Shortcut to Mushrooms are sublime together, and Penzance just sings in my Barne semi-rusticated calabash.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Off topic a bit... had a boss I did not like so much when I was younger. When she wasn't around I would pour a bit on milk on her office carpet. Just a little here and there. You now that ofter a few days it start to smell like a bad pipe in there.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Best:
LJ Peretti, like it so much I'm getting a custom stem to replace this one.
rnats.jpg

Worst:
Wouldn't smoke it if I still had a tree and a swiss army knife to carve my own pipe from. Rosewood is awful pipe material.
F.E.S.S. Churchwarden, would be awesome if it were pearwood or briar.
JECxt.jpg

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
And last but not least, you know that Polish pipe carver whose stuff you see all the time, is it Worobiec? That pipe is freakin amazing.
Glad to hear this as I have two in the post somewhere. Type 102 and type 144 are on order. I'm hoping for this week or the next. Henryk Worobiec is the full name.
Best is hard to decide: Vauen Rhody is the best, and my new Peterson XL90 is very good. I also love my Strambach calabash.

Worst: Hilson freehand.

adam12

May 16, 2011
Glad to hear this as I have two in the post somewhere. Type 102 and type 144 are on order. I'm hoping for this week or the next. Henryk Worobiec is the full name.
In my opinion, it is the best "bang for your buck" you can get. I have enjoyed the one I have way beyond what I expected

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
The best smoker I have is my Savinelli Autograph. Smoking it is bliss. The worst was a Savinelli Oscar. It was beautiful to look at, but had some serious issues. I've since parted ways with it.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Cockney of London for flakes . Nording Signiture for ARO .GBD for English blends .Corn Cob for the trash can alongside a LHS Sterncrst . Apologys too the corn cob lovers ahead of time , they just are not for me as much as I have tried to add them into the fold .

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Best is definitely my Jan Zeman Latitude 41 North Cape, it is a superb smoker and thrives on smoking. Worst is a pipe that was gifted to me, an A.N.D. meer that has a very hard draw even after being bored out. I wish I had my IMP meer back, now that was a fine smoking pipe.
Smokey

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Best: my Sav 616 or Pete Harp 999

Worst: a chacom I got rid of faster than it took to get it mailed to me. It was worse than sucking on a thick milkshake :rofl:

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Almost any of my Stanwells are my best smokers (even the Royal Danish ones). My worst one is a Peterson "outdoor" nose warmer. It always smokes hot. I am going to strip the laquer finish off of it and re-finish (or even leave as bare briar).
(Whoa! Over a thousand posts here! Better slow down)

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Juni, I hope you take pix before and after you strip your Peterson nose warmer. I'd be interested in seeing that.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Worst is easily some medico brylon pipe that I bought for $2 out of a pawnshop. Smoked it once, put it down and never picked it up again.
The best smoker I have is a Paradis Pipes quarter-bent apple. $25 on ebay. Smokes like a dream

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
My best smoking Pipe is a beaten the hell up Peterson Donegal Rocky 14s, and I honestly don't have a terrible pipe because I tend to donate them to my little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.