PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazeybobby

Lurker
Jan 1, 2011
I posted earlier in the week about 3 GBD pipes I picked up at the antique store. The most damaged part of all three of these pipes was rim scorch and oxidation. I watched the videos on reaming and cleaning pipes. (thanks Python) I got great results, but was sure I could do a little better. I came up with an idea I have not seen on any You Tube video or article. I went to the store and purchased a Mr. Clean Magic eraser. The results were spectacular. The Magic eraser removed all rim scorch with almost no damage to the rim. (I will insert word of caution here, use at your own risk) I have posted before and after pics of the same pipe. With a little elbow grease it also removed all stem oxidation. I made a visit to my local B&M for a final polish. Great results!!
By the way, when I was at my local B&M they about 30 Comoy pipes manufactured in the 60's and 70's brand new in the box. They were flying out the door.
gbd4-126x150.jpg

after-cleaning-150x100.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The Magic Eraser was mentioned by a member eariler for stem cleaning but this is proof positive about its merits. Well done and thanks for posting. This will be on my wife's shopping list for sure.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'll chime in on the magic eraser being good for pipes and other things. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's generic brand(s) or not either.

jeepraines

Lurker
Jan 20, 2011
I came across an online tobacco site selling them just today. Cant remember which one. I don't want to know how magic erasers work but thank god they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.